MANAGE PROJECTS, PERSONNEL, AND QUALITY DELIVERY DATASETS THAT ENABLE NEXT GENERATION AI SYSTEMS.
Looking for a production management champion to lead Acme AI's data annotation operations. Data annotation or labelling production and quality delivery serve as the nerve centre of Acme AI’s operations and thus is a critical business function. As leader of the cell, we expect you to lead a large army of on-site and remote data annotators from diverse background, steward project and manpower planning, maintain excellent communication with global clients, deliver quality annotation projects, and hit monthly business and quality KPIs. As a start-up, we are continuously evolving our workflow to understand effective utilisation of business processes where you will play a pivotal role.
To understand the type of data that we work on, you can check out this link about What is image annotation.
As Operations Manager, you are responsible for spearheading operational functions and maintain ‘quality’ outputs as per project benchmark. General, KPI-based responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and lead projects from global data annotation partners and serve as a focal point for all information and communication, inclusive of preparing project documentations
- Devise and negotiate project timeline, inception reports, and completion reports for internal and external stakeholders along with managing man-hour forecast and resources to deliver each project ‘perfectly’ and manage conflicts
- Bring efficiency on project expenditure, run cost-benefit analysis per project to maximise revenue
- Oversee recruitment operations and campaigns of both permanent and contractual workers
- Work directly in a supervisory capacity to manage both annotators and QAs
- Lead incoming pilot projects by testing quality and speed of annotation in those project
- Ensure ‘timely’ outputs everyday and communicate it with transparent documentation so that projects are on-track and stakeholders are well informed
- Be the resident expert on the platform we use to work
- Ensure labelling works conform to preset quality standards and client expectations
- Develop clear policies, processes, metrics, and performance indicators to measure annotation performance and quality
- Commission new annotator requisition to human resources for incoming projects and develop project-specific organograms
- Deploy counselling sessions for workforces whenever discrepancies present itself
- Report daily output, flag issues, and develop countermeasures to combat those risks
- Service as the responsible supervisor of each individual annotator and QAs
- Collaborate with MD and COO and other business support SBUs to build on new ideas
EXPERIENCE + QUALIFICATION
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university
- 5-7 year of experience in relevant fields such as in the BPO industry
- Direct experience of managing image annotation Quality Control processes will be preferred
- Excellent English written, verbal, and comprehension (you will be tested)
- Will have to demonstrate ability to be able to adjust and work in a fast-paced delivery environment during the hiring process
- People management skills (experience of managing large teams)
WHY IT'S FUN + EXCITING?
Be part of a great working environment with an opportunity to experience a truly global career. We champion a fast-paced culture and impactful work with our clients in future spaces such as autonomous vehicles, medical AI, retail automation, spatial technologies, machine-enabled agriculture among many others.
JOB NATURE, LOCATION + ROLE REQUIREMENTS
This is a mid-level, fulltime position that reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The incumbent is expected to partake in international travel when and if required to represent Acme AI's interests. Our general workweek is from Sunday to Thursday in a calendar week from 09.00 AM to 06.00 PM. Location of work is at Acme AI HQ, located at Level 6, House 385, Road 6, Mirpur DOHS, Dhaka 1216.